Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Leaving save haven



In order provide my brother Math, who - thanks god - 'volunteered' to take care of my administrative stuff, a comprehensive overview, I started writing a list with the most important contacts. By now the list has 3 (!!) pages and it's probably not complete yet! I just got aware what incredible need for security we have got in Switzerland: We don't have one social security pillar - we need three (!), we have SUVA (governmental accident insurance) and the private health and accident insurance as well as an additional personal life insurance. 

We do need a travel cancellation insurance, which includes a search and rescue insurance, even though this is already covered by the health insurance's global travel add-on, the SUVA as well as the voluntary contribution to the Swiss air rescue company. I thought the only thing I did not have covered was the rescue out of a war area by the US marines, which will be included in the green card my brother Andy is currently applying ;). But then Math reminded me that I lack of a personal legal liability and a householders comprehensive insurance... which of course I instantly did online including a third party car and motorcycle and theft and travel luggage insurance :). Any other risks you can think of which I have not covered yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment